Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Little Rant

I know I haven't posted anything in a while. It's not like I haven't watched any movies or anything;  it's just that I don't have the time to write about them. I've had a CRAZY, movie filled summer. And now, it is back to the grind of school and procrastinating doing my homework by watching movies.

Of course, my routine is going to be a little bit more difficult as I will be deleting the streaming portion of my Netflix account sometime in the next seven days. I know, there are probably already a million blogs out there on the Web bitching about Netflix's price increases. You are probably also thinking to yourself, "Aren't you a little behind in writing this. I mean the price increase was announced ages ago."

Well, you are certainly correct in thinking that. The thing is, it just now started sinking in that I will no longer be able to watch a movie or tv show whenever I feel like it. I will have to wait for it to come in the mail. 

You might then wonder why I am choosing to delete the streaming and not the DVD option, if I am not patient enough to get my movies in the mail. My response to you is that I have 300 movies on my DVD queue and only 11 of those I can watch streaming. Which seems like it is worth the $7.99 price tag to you?

I really don't understand why people are choosing to go with the streaming only option. That's where Netflix is screwing everyone over with this upcoming price increase.

Oh well, I will enjoy those $2 that I will be saving every month on my Netflix bill. Maybe when I graduate college and get a full-time job (maybe, hopefully) I will be able to afford that $16 price tag. But for now, I am going to have to make sacrifices.

Who knows, maybe now I will be more active instead of watching movies all day....Who am I kidding? I'm just going to start watching more of the crap on youtube. Thanks Netflix, now I'm going to be watching some fat guy and his family on youtube instead of watching classic cinema. 

Ok. End Rant.

I'm sorry if you actually read all that. It probably wasn't all that interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment