Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blood, Gore and More

I know a guy who absolutely worships Quentin Tarantino. Like, seriously. He tried to make his thesis film as a rough adaptation of Reservoir Dogs (fortunately he ended up doing something else).

At the time, I hadn't really seen a whole lot of Tarantino films, so I just kind of went along with it. Well, if you didn't know, at the beginning of the month Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs were added to Netflix's Instant stock. So I figured I would watch them.

They are supposed to be some sort of classics of deconstruction, right?

Honestly, I got nothing of the sort from them. Both films simply seemed like they were the work of an immature boy who likes guns and doesn't really know what to do with them. They are chock full of violence, people being shot throughout the vast majority of the films.

I am clearly not a guy. I am a girl. An extremely pacifist girl to be exact. I did not get the appeal of either of these films. I will watch Kill Bill once my Netflix queue gets around to it, but I know I probably will not enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment